Sunday, June 10, 2007

Haunted Austrian Father's Day

It's the second Sunday in June. And you know what that means: Happy Austrian Father's Day! I don't know how to say "happy" in German yet, but if I did, I might say "___happy___" Vatertag, and then wonder about potential/probably grammatical errors, despite the attempt being only 2 (1) words long.

Not much else to report. I give a seminar tomorrow to an unspecified number of people. It could change the very direction of my nascent academic career. I'll be thrilled if there's more than 5 souls in attendance.

Oh and speaking of souls, I'm working on compiling evidence that a bathroom across the hall is haunted. As if the story needed any more intrigue, preliminary investigations indicate that the potentially poltergeisted potty is neither for men nor women. I'll try and take pictures. Watch this space.

No comments: